The MLS laser is a great treatment for those suffering with tendonitis, heel pain, neuropathy, and chronic pain. The laser is a great option because it is painless and does not have any side effects. We have been using the laser for our patients with great results.
Here are 9 reasons why the MLS laser is a great treatment option:
1. Antii Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutriets faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new caplillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function; Slow recovery of nerve functions in a dmaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection.
9. Faster Wound Heraling: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. These are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protien required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue.