"I like to treat everyone including children, active adults and the elderly. The feet are so important for maintaining our lifestyles. My goal is to treat people gently and quickly, so they can get back to their activities as soon as possible. It's my philosophy that people want to be on, not off their feet, and that's how I approach the treatment of their problem."
"I take great pride in being a doctor, and in doing my best for my patients. That's why I feel it's so important to be able to meet the requirements for membership in outstanding professional organizations. Membership also provides an opportunity for me to share experiences with colleagues, and hopefully better our profession."
° Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
° Certified in Cryosurgery
° Associate, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
° Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
° Member, New Jersey State Podiatric Medical Association
° Member, American Podiatric Arthroscopy Association
° Member, American Diabetes Association
° Member, American College of Podopediatrics
° Developed the technique for using foam to prevent post-operative pain and
swelling in the feet
° Actively involved in physician networking for knowledge sharing
"A doctor's education is vital to the quality of care he provides. That's why I keep studying and developing new procedures. This means my patients can expect nothing but the best."
° B.A. in Biology: The State University of New York at Stony Brook
° B.A. in Medical Sciences: The California College of Podiatric Medicine
° Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: The California College of Podiatric Medicine
° Residency in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery: Parsons Hospital, Flushing, NY
° Fellowship in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery: Hadassah University Medical
° To keep up with the latest advances in podiatric medicine Dr. Wishnie attends
no less than 50 hours of continuing medical education seminars per year.
Recognized in the Field
"It is very satisfying to be appreciated by my peers. I think it's a very good reflection on how I practice podiatry."
- Appointed, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics, Board of Examiners
- Appointed, Mayor's Advisor, Piscataway Health Advisory Commission
- Written up in Who's Who in the East
- Fellow, American Professional Wound Care Association
- Written up in Who's Who in Science and Engineering
- Published Medical Author: Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association and The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Lecturer: Colleague Education: Foot Trauma
- Rutgers University Pre Med Society
- Community Education: Foot and Ankle Care, Diabetes, Athletic
foot and ankle injuries, Children's feet
- Junior High School Biology: Structure and function of the foot and ankle
Activities in the Community
"As not only a podiatrist practicing in the community, but as a member of the community, I feel it is important to take part in clubs and organizations that benefit all of us."
° Member, Piscataway/Middlesex Chamber of Commerce
° Sponsor, Piscataway Little League