- * A bandage specifically designed to restrict motion of the tendon.
- * Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication.
- * Orthoses, which are devices to help support the muscle and relieve stress on the tendon such as a heel pad or shoe insert.
- * Rest, and switching to another exercise, such as swimming, that does not stress the tendon.
- * Stretching, massage, ultrasound and appropriate exercises to strengthen the weak muscle group in front of the leg and the upward foot flexors.
In extreme cases, surgery is performed to remove the fibrous tissue and repair any tears.