Here are some foot care tips:
- Practice good foot care. Check your feet regularly, or have a member of your family check them.
- It also helps to keep blood circulating to your feet as much as possible. Do this by putting your feet up when you are sitting or lying down, stretching if you've had to sit for a long while, walking, having a gentle foot massage, or taking a warm foot bath.
- Avoid pressure from shoes that don't fit right.
- Avoid exposing your feet to cold temperatures.
- Don't sit for long periods of time (especially with your legs crossed).
- Don't smoke because it decreases blood supply and increases the chance of swelling and other circulatory problems.
- Wear comfortable shoes that fit well. This can prevent many foot problems.
If you are worried about your feet or have problems with your feet or ankles, be seen by a doctor! The best way to prevent foot and ankle problems from escalating is to see a doctor. Our team will design a treatment plan to prevent problems and work toward fixing existing problems.