Your feet are the perfect place for fungus to grow. Fungus is a an organism the grows in warm, moist, and dark environments. Foot fungus can result in toenail fungus and skin fungal infections. There are ways to prevent and treat this common condition. If you think you have a fungus problem, call a podiatrist.
Tips to Preventing Common Foot Fungus Problems:
- Wear dry cotton socks, and change them two or three times a day if necessary.
- Wear dry shoes that allow air to circulate around your feet (tight, enclosed, moist shoes contribute to fungal toenail infections).
- Wear shower sandals or shower shoes when you are at a public pool or shower.
- Don't share shoes or socks with others.
- Don't share nail clippers or nail files with others